Parent Council and Volunteering
Be a Volunteer!
Volunteering at the school is a great way to get involved in your child's education, meet new people, and have fun! Please let us know how you'd like to be involved.
Here are just a few of the ways parents can help out:
- Join the Parent Council
- Pick up challot before school on Thursdays
- Assist with fundraising, i.e. Sunday morning snack distribution, etc.
- Be on a standby list to make phone calls if school is cancelled
- Make reminder phone calls to a class for Family Studies and Kabbalat Shabbats
- Be part of a roster of families willing to participate in the family Kabbalat Shabbats
- Distribute food to the classrooms during the Chanukah celebration
- Assist with cleanup after the Chanukah celebration
- Repair haggadot
- Distribute food to the classrooms during the Yom Ha'atzmaut celebration
- Assist with school mailings (stuff, seal, and post envelopes)
- Assist with cleanup after Yom Ha'atzmaut celebration
- Take photos at school events, and organize school pictures into albums and posters
- Assist with organizing the UJA walk for Beit Rayim Hebrew School families
For more information, call the School office at 905-303-5471, or email us.
The Parent Committee plays an essential role in the operation of Beit Rayim Hebrew School. We provide feedback to the Principal and staff of the school on a wide range of issues. We manage the volunteers at the school, and are also responsible for school fundraising. Our meetings are held regularly throughout the school year.
Monthly School Council meetings will be held on Sundays at the school from 9:30a.m. – 11a.m.